Many people mistakenly believe that in order to lose weight they will have to reduce their body mass. Actually nothing can be more further then the truth, as the point in weight loss is to get rid of unwanted body mass. If it was simple as just losing body mass, you would just cut off your leg and you would instantly be 40 pounds lighter. The real focus should be on getting rid of the body fat that constitutes unused mass in your body. Contrary to the popular belief, the bet way to do that would be by increasing the amount of musculature in your body.
How Does Your Muscles Help You to Lose Weight?
One of the more interesting controversies is the fact that more muscles you have will mean that your body will lose more weight. Now, you may be surprised to hear this or it may sound irrational to you. However, the truth of the matter is that muscles tissue burns more calories per minute as compared to a regular body tissue.
This originates from the fact that muscle tissue is more packed densely and the muscle cells need much more energy in order to sustain themselves to remain alive. Hence, as a result a muscle cell will spend energy and thus burn calories even when it is standing still and doing nothing. Thus, this means that you will have to increase the musculature in your body and in order to do that you will have to do weight training and resistance training.
How Can You Lose Weight by Strength Training?
- Make sure that you adopt a generally diverse program of exercise for losing weight. This means that you will have to do aerobic and cardiovascular exercises, as well as strength training exercises
- Make sure that you include walking as part of your periodic exercise program. Walking will work both ways as it will help your leg muscles to get strength training and it will also help to workout your cardiovascular system.
- Try to do warm up strength training exercises to help you to overcome your body inertia. This means doing some warm up exercises, as well as pull ups, push ups and squats for couple of reps
- Make sure that you do some free weight lifting. Important thing is to force your muscles to lift more then they are capable of lifting. This means that you will have to gradually increase your weights every day until your muscles get a workout
- Make sure that you use dumbbells to help increase your arm muscles
- Try going to the gym as you will be able to use various equipment over there to help you to lose weight. You can even use the Stairmaster, as it will give your leg muscles a good workout
- Swimming can be extremely helpful as swimming is an advanced form of resistance exercise which can allow your whole body to get a workout.
- Combine these exercises with a protein rich but carbohydrate free diet for best results.
Category: Most Popular Diets On One Page!