More and more people are eating oatmeal because it is heart healthy. However, oats can offer you a lot of health benefits. Plus they can help you lose weight.
What Oats Can Do For You.
Oats are a great source of soluble fiber. The fiber digests slowly and makes you feel full for a longer period of time. This can make it easier to avoid over eating and can get you from breakfast to lunch without eating too many extra calories.
Oats also helps keep your blood sugar levels balanced. Because it is slowly digested the sugars that it releases go into the blood in small increments. This then helps you by decreasing the number of sugar cravings that you have.
What Types of Oats Work?
There are a lot of different types of oats available. You can choose instant oats, rolled, and so on. Any type will help with weight loss, however the rolled and steel-cut varieties are the types that are processed the least. This makes it so that they take the longest to digest.
Adding Oats To Your Life.
There are lots of different ways to add oats to your diet.
- You can of course add oatmeal to your life by eating it for breakfast. Make it taste different by adding fruit, nuts, low fat milk, honey, cinnamon, and other additives at different times. Make sure you use sugar and sweetener minimally.
- Buy or make oatmeal bread. Then you can use it for sandwiches, toast, and other items.
- Oats can be added in place of bread crumbs in casseroles, meatloaf, and meatballs. You can also add some to your soups and stews.
- You can also enjoy oat pancakes, muffins, and granola (choose a low fat variety or make your own).
- Make oat flour by grinding rolled oats in a coffee grinder or the blender until it is powdery like flour.
To Make Your Own Granola.
Granola is a fantastic treat, but store bought versions are often full of fat because they are made with oil. Home made granola is even tastier and it’s easy to make. Toast your rolled oats in the oven by setting it to about 300 degrees and letting it get brown. Then add fruit, nuts, cinnamon, and honey for great tasting oatmeal that isn’t high in fat.
In order to enjoy oats on a regular basis you will want to get creative as to the many ways to add it to your diet. Try to eat it every morning if possible. Keep a variety of different kinds on and hand for easy cooking and variety. You can have the real deal when you have time to cook them and instant on days you are busy. You can also add different toppings.
Oats in a wide variety of forms can help you lose weight. They are very healthy for you and can make a huge difference in your life. Add a few here and a few there!
Category: Most Popular Diets On One Page!