Have you been trying to lose weight for the past month and were you unsuccessful? Did you have problems losing more pounds after you lost only a few pounds. Well don’t worry, as you are not alone. In fact, many people have gone through the same problems just like you. You are probably going through what is described as a weight loss plateau. In essence, a weight loss plateau is when your weight loss is paused and no matter what you do, your weight doesn’t change.
What Could Cause you to Stop Losing Weight?
There are many reasons why you might not be able to lose weight. While some of them may be medical reasons, some of them will be psychological.
- Your body may be tired and worn out. This is one of the major causes of weight loss plateau and the only way to counteract is to rest and relax.
- You may be stressed out psychologically. This is a serious problem, as many people will not see enough progress and this can create serious problems on the person. They will become demoralized and they may even feel ashamed in front of their peers.
- Stress is also a major cause of weight loss plateau. When you are under a lot of stress, your body will go into fight or flight mode. If you are under stress all the time, your body will try to conserve energy and you will end up storing your calories instead of burning them.
- Hormonal imbalance can also be an important problem, as hormonal imbalance will halt your weight loss. Too much or too little hormones in your blood stream can trigger various reactions that can affect your metabolism and your weight loss efforts.
- If you don’t believe in yourself and in your efforts, this can also put a block on your weight loss
- Too little activity in your daily life is also a sure way to make sure that you won’t lose enough weight.
- Eating too much sodium (salt) in your meals can also cause you to stop losing weight. Eating too much salt will cause you to drink more water and as a result, your body will try to hold water in its tissues and this can give you a bloated look.
- Some special herbs and chemical compounds can also cause you to store weight instead of losing it
What Should You Do if You Can’t Lose Weight?
- Go to a doctor as soon as possible. This can really help, as your doctor will be able to determine if there is a medical condition prohibiting your weight loss and he or she can prescribe appropriate medication.
- Change your eating habits. Try to increase the frequency of your meals.
- Increase your daily activity
- Start meditation to relive yourself of stress
- Get some emotional support from your peers and coworkers.
- Always concentrate on your weight loss goals
Category: Most Popular Diets On One Page!