There are a lot of good foods for you, but some remain better for you. One great addition to your diet is sweet potatoes. As long as you cook these foods correctly and not piled high with brown sugar and marshmallows you are getting a healthy food.
What Sweet Potatoes Do For You.
Sweet potatoes can be a yummy addition to your day, even when cooked in a way that is healthy for you. They are loaded with tons of nutrients and fair amount of calories. Plus they will help you achieve your weight loss goals.
- First of all, sweet potatoes are loaded with fiber. This makes it so that these tasty foods fill you up and because they have a reasonable number of calories it all works out well. You eat fewer foods with higher calorie counts cause you are full.
- Additionally sweet potatoes contain carotenoids that help stabilize the blood sugar. When your blood sugar levels remain even throughout the day you experience few cravings making it easier to avoid the foods you shouldn’t eat.
Choosing Your Sweet Potatoes.
There are two main varieties found in stores. The first is a yellow sweet potato with a drier flesh. These potatoes resemble baking potatoes in texture. Orange sweet potatoes are moist, soft, and sweeter than other types of sweet potatoes.
You will want to choose smaller potatoes and make sure that they don’t have any blemishes. A blemish will quickly cause the whole potato to go bad and that isn’t something you want. You also don’t want to store them in the fridge because the cold speeds up deterioration.
Cooking Your Sweet Potatoes.
There are several different ways to cook your sweet potatoes. How you cook them will depend on you and you can enjoy them in many different ways for tasty additions to your meals. Choose the yellow variety to replace your white potatoes and the orange variety for a sweetened taste.
- You can bake sweet potatoes in the microwave, the grill, or the oven. Cook them similar to potatoes, but be prepared for their sugary juices to leak.
- Leave the peal on, chop them up, and boil them. They can then be used in dishes or mashed.
- Bake or roast the potatoes. First drizzle them with olive oil and then add other veggies and bake.
Adding Sweet Potatoes To Your Diet.
You can replace regular potatoes with sweet ones. You can also add them to other dishes or serve them on the side. Experiment with them and you will find new ways to enjoy them.
By adding sweet potatoes to your diet you are giving yourself a lot of nutrients without a lot of calories. You are also giving yourself a food that will fill you up and help you fight sugar cravings. Plus it can be cooked in several ways and enjoyed in many different dishes. Try new things and you are sure to enjoy all that sweet potatoes can do for you.
Category: All Resources That Help Lose Weight!