There are many ways in which you can lose weight. However, the fact is that sooner you start your weight loss program, sooner you will prevail. Don’t forget that as more calories accumulate, you will have more harder time getting rid of them. But you can lose weight by making some effort with dieting and calorie control. But, the key to dieting and calorie control lies in knowing your body. This way, you can lose weight and keep your body in control.
What is Calorie Control?
Calorie control is a way to control and limit the amount of calories that you intake every day. There is a certain amount of calories that you need to intake every day in order to function. You can think of calories as the energy units that you need to use in order to live. However, there is a certain limit to the amount of calories that you need to take. Any extra calories will be automatically converted in to fat cells for future use.
In general for women, the daily calorie intake is around 1750 to 2100 calories per day. For men, this ranges from 2000 to 2400 calories per day. Of course, much will depend on your height and body composition. The best calorie limits for your individual body can best be calculated by your personal physician or by a dietician. Hence, you need to make sure that you don’t eat more than your allotted calories per day.
How Can You Count Your Calories?
- Make sure that you write down every food and its portions every day. The best thing that you need to do is to have a diary and jot down this information.
- Look on the Internet to see the calorie values of various raw foods that you may eat. For example, if you eat a single tomato, you can easily find its value in calories on the Internet. Or if you are eating a single egg, you can also find the calorie value for that too. Although this may sound like a lot of hard work, you need to do it for proper calorie control
- If you eat canned foods or frozen foods, you can easily find the number of calories that are present in that particular food. This can be really helpful in determining the amount of calories that you eat in any particular day
- Don’t forget that everything has calories except water
- Try to stay away from alcoholic beverages as well as soft drinks, as these would have too many calories inside of them. This can cause you to accumulate your daily calories immediately and this would not be beneficial to your weight loss program
- Make sure that you burn off your energy by exercising. Even though you may limit your calories, you will till have to make sure that you burn off those extra calories in order to lose your extra weight
Category: All Resources That Help Lose Weight!